January 12, 2021 marks the day I got promoted to Grandmother status, and I couldn’t be more overjoyed.
Since my granddaughter was born, I’ve been staying with my son and daughter-in-law, to help them adjust to being new parents, and all that entails. For them, it is a period of steep learning curves, trial and error to find out what soothes her, learning to discern her different cries, and of course, nights of broken sleep, contributing to new depths of exhaustion.
They asked me to stay with them, and I couldn’t be happier than to step back into the role of mother/nurturer. For me, this means cooking meals, baking, making sure the new mom drinks enough water, doing laundry, feeding the dogs, rocking, bouncing and changing the baby, and anything else I can think of to be helpful to them all.
I’ve been sharing my recipes on my food blog, which you can follow here: RealFood4Life . I’ve included a summary and links to individual recipes for you here:
- Vegan Mac & Cheese Broccoli Casserole
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Tortellini Soup
- Vegan Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Sweeeeeeeeet Potato Snacks
- Quick and Easy Vegan Power Breakfast
- Easy One-Pot Vegan Chili Con Carne
- Vegan Sweet Potato Lasagna
- Vegan Hearty Minestrone Soup
Click on Photo to access Recipe: